Staff in the Groundwater Hydrology Research Program are looking at groundwater hydrology and systems analysis, groundwater-surface water interactions, ecohydrology, vegetation-groundwater relations, complex systems modelling and groundwater in the resources sector.
They also have leadership responsibilities for the Isotope Analysis Services and the National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training.
The Program, led by Dr Dirk Mallants, is organised into six teams:
- Groundwater hydrology and drainage – led by Dr Riasat Ali
- Vegetation-groundwater relations – led by Dr Richard Silberstein
- Groundwater systems analysis – led by Dr Brian Smerdon
- Groundwater-surface water interactions and ecohydrology – led by Dr Sébastien Lamontagne
- Groundwater and the resources sector – led by Dr Mat Gilfedder
- Complex systems modelling – led by Dr Russell Crosbie.
Other key staff:
- Isotope Analysis Services – led by Dr Axel Suckow
- National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training – Dr Peter Cook, Deputy-director.
Research Program Leader
Other key staff