Our Adelaide Laboratory is set on University of Adelaide grounds
Adelaide: Kintore Avenue (SA)
Research at CSIRO's Adelaide laboratories covers a broad range of research and development including food, nutrition, diagnostics, biosensor research and preventative health.
Set amongst the leafy grounds of the University of Adelaide, there are three buildings that house our CSIRO research groups. Two of the buildings are of historic importance, especially the first CSIRO building now named the Brailsford Robertson Building.
CSIRO and the University of Adelaide have been connected since the early 1900s when Professor Thorburn Brailsford Robertson, then a Professor of Biochemistry and Physiology at the University, was appointed Chief of CSIR Division of Animal Nutrition in 1927 – one of the founding divisions of CSIRO. Professor Brailsford Robertson occupied CSIRO’s first building constructed in 1928.
Research at these Adelaide Laboratories is focused on food, nutrition and health, diagnostics and biosensor research, preventative health measures, and some related marine science.
The core skills of this scientific group include:
Across a number of research groups there are 180 staff on site including over 20 postgraduate students.